T to the Roy's late post! Ghana 2016

    Well, You can't say I'm not consistent, meaning I am late at most everything I'm scheduled to do. I will start by saying the last three to four months  have been a bit trying and challenging in/at the Haight household. First, the bout with pneumonia with two of our children, Connor/Isabella and did I mention it's more critical for diabetics. Second, my personal medical issues, I will not elaborate on in this blog keeping it "G" rated. Third, Our central air has been on the frits and has finally seen the light, she was a good one, 21yrs and counting. That battle has been going on for the last couple of years, anyway. Finally, A fundraiser that didn't quite feel right for this year - after excitement and hopes - anyway it didn't work out. These my friends are things that start happening when committing to go on a mission trip and do God's work! The devil can't stand it and I love that in the end of all the distractions and heartache's and even the disappointments of fundraisers that just quite didn't work out, God prevails! Boom, take that satan,  <--- no need to capitalize to give credit, for all of you grammar people out there.
      Now, let's talk about why I do what I do. The calling that is. As you've known, God called me to work in Ghana about 8yrs ago. That's it, that's why.  Because HE called me to go to the ends of the earth.  It is never easy.  It is never comfortable.  It is never convenient.  It is never simple.  But, He has shown me that when I'm at my wits end - He is there.  Period.  He called me, He invited me - and I said yes.  That's it.  And, when  it is not easy, not comfortable, not convenient, not simple, and we are struggling - and we struggling financially - the funds are always enough.  When it pours down rain at a car wash (3 years running) - He provides and conquers all! Donations from people who love us, the love work God is doing through us...show up in the PO Box - SURPRISE!  People who we don't see often, don't talk to regularly, are prompted by the Lord and answer His prompting.  When the doubt starts to kick in, we turn to Him and at the precise time - God prevails!  We find plane tickets the cheapest we've ever seen them in 8 years, and God provides the funds so we can pay for them! Because God has a plan, and HE NEVER FAILS!  Can I get an AMEN!

This is one of the many blessings of saying YES to doing God's work! It's having faith, and then seeing miracles, unexplained provision from God.  Look, I'm just a man, I have lots of doubt - like next guy.  But, I do try, even when doubt kicks in, to follow what the Lord God my Father tells me to do! Because, He love me and He will never forsake me...and as long as I listen and follow his calling - He'll cover me and my doubts. Besides all that, there are no words to describe the honor.

Now granted, I am from the South, and I don't quite understand the interpretation like everyone else.  But, I still follow. I'm not a genius, I'm not a doctor, I'm not a lawyer, I'm not a computer programmer...I'm a fisherman...I'm a fisher-of-men.  That's all I need to understand. Ghana 2016 will be amazing!

God Bless, T to the Roy... Word!

P.S. if you feel called to donate - we are still $16,000 shy from meeting our goal of $21,000 before departure:  $10,000 Hep B Clinic + $6,000 remaining mission trip expenses.  http://www.onestepinfaith.org/fundraising/partner-with-us
Gotta love the plugs!!

We depart to Ghana Friday, September 2, 2016!  We ALWAYS desire prayers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment