He is Faithful

Hey everyone! 

I hope you all are having a very blessed week so far. We leave for Ghana in about 7 1/2 weeks. My heart longs for Ghana and the people, and I can hardly contain my excitement. This week I wanted to share with you something that I have been reading recently, and I think most people will be able to relate as well. I have been reading a book called, Rooted by Banning Liebscher. So far, the book is walking you through how to become more "rooted" in your walk with Christ by giving examples from the life of David in the Bible. 

The particular part of the book that I wanted to share is about being "hidden". I think many times as Christians we get this image of what our walks with the Lord will look like, and if you are like me, I daydream with God and think about the future often. How often are we present with God though? How often are we saying Your will be done, not my own? How often do we try to push plans along, instead of remaining hidden in Christ? Maybe you are called to do mission work, pastor a church, or even own a successful business (whatever ministry He is calling you to). Do the desires of your heart align with the Father's? My point in asking these questions is not to condemn you, but to instead open up a dialogue between you and God. 

Personally, Holy Spirit has told me that I will be a full time missionary one day, and I have no idea what that will look like. Right now I am a nurse, and the Lord is partnering with me right where I am at. I have tried in the past to push plans along, and to put my own agenda before God's perfect plans. I have compared my outward impact in the Kingdom to others. It was never intentional, but when Holy Spirit revealed this to me I realized that I was placing trust in myself and not my Father, who's thoughts and ways are higher and better than mine. Trusting fully in Jesus, and being obedient in all He asks is the most rewarding thing you can ever do. You may wake up each day and not understand why He has you where you are at, but when you look back it will all make sense. He is always faithful to His promises. I can say from personal experience wait and trust in God, and you will bear much fruit, and He will bless you abundantly for your faithfulness. Big changes are happening in my life, and my Father is answering my prayers and dreams. I won't go into too much detail right now, but there are prayers and dreams that I have had for years, finally being answered. I can't say I was perfect in the waiting, but I did learn so much, and I learned the most important lesson of my life. I learned that growing in deeper intimacy with my Father, my Friend, my Healer, and my Protector, has brought me to a place of complete dependence on Him. He has broken off so much fear in my life that was instilled in me at such a young age. Often times He has us in these "hidden" seasons so that we may grow in character and in different skill sets, to prepare us for the ultimate destiny He has placed on each of us. So ask Holy Spirit for patience and peace for right where you are at, and you will not regret it! 

I pray that you all will trust deeper in the Lord, and that you realize you do not have to understand everything right now. Father, I pray that You would reveal in Your perfect timing and plans why things have happened the way they have happened in each of their lives. I pray for them to bear fruit one thousand fold! Holy Spirit mold and shape them into the sons and daughters that they were created to be. God, You are always good, and You are always faithful! Pour out Your abundant grace, mercy and favor on everyone who reads this blog. Amen!

With all my love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment