Take me as I am...

Hey ya’ll – I hope you have had a very blessed Tuesday.  As I sit, pausing to share a little something on our blog, I am compelled to share something meaningful that happened to me today. 

Listen ya’ll - I’m gonna share something super personal.  Those who know me VERY, VERY, VERY well…are familiar with my work habits - so a portion of this may not come too much as a surprise.

As most of you know, my day job - I work for CB Richard Ellis (CBRE).  I’m an analyst for the Project Management org, doing…analyst work.  Ha! Ha!  That means I’m a step above a bean counter, I don’t count beans – I analyze and build reports to tell what’s going on with the beans.  J  When I have a lot of data to review or reports to build or reports to update (and so on…), I typically need to remain laser focused!  The expression around here is - heads down  - analyzing and building reports.  During this time, I have my music blaring through my earphones…

Okay, seriously – this is super personal – DO NOT LAUGH… my music of choice is...RAP.  
Yes, you read that correctly – I listen to Rap while I’m laser focused.  Troy says I’m “plugging in”.  But, it seems to be the genre to keep the mind focused, cranking out the results!  Now, the Rap I listen to is actually Christian Rap.  Just in case you were curious…

So, I was working away today, rapping it out with my friends Lacrae and Andy Mineo…don’t laugh.  As I was saying, here I was working away…and like most days…while I’m working away I’m almost always praying during this time as well.  Yes, I can pray and work heads down laser focused.  Go figure! 

I’m praying for our dear friends whose son has been at Egleston for the last week after a terrible bicycle accident.  I’m praying for his medical staff, his condition, his weary and faithful parents, his siblings who miss both him and their parents. 

I’m praying for our son’s upcoming initial Endocrine doctor appointment and our daughter's appointment to begin setup with a CGM.  

I’m praying about One Step In Faith and our dear Eddie who recently had surgery and has been recuperating these past couple weeks. 

I’m praying in preparation for our upcoming trip and all the preparation and fundraising coming up, as well as for Dave and Ellen as they are preparing for us to arrive. 

And, I’m praying for all the families and individuals we will meet for first time or continue to build relationships with on this trip.  Praying for God to prepare our hearts, to prepare the hearts of those who we will encounter, to steady our hearts and minds, ensuring we do not rush right past where He needs us to be present.  




Right at this time, my friend Lacrae was rapping out – Take Me As I Am
It was right when I was praying, help us to know how to share "Christ is everything" and "Christ is all there is – He is the answer. " And, "there is NOTHING we can do to be ready – He accepts us AS we are, RIGHT where we are."  And, finally - "We have the choice, but it is Christ that works through and in us." 


Take Me As I Am...Lyrics excerpt
Christ through faith
I talked to a cat the other day
And he was like;
"Man I really wanna come to Christ
But I gotta clean my life up first, get my sins together"
I told em, I used to think that way too
I thought I had to change myself before I could come to Christ
But Christ changed me
Let me tell you my story, it starts like this

Will you take me as I am
I know the way I'm living is wrong
But I can't change on my own, trying to make it alone
I wonder, how could you love me when my life so ugly
But you came down and died for me

Yeah, we're saved by grace through faith
It's not works
Ain't nuthin you can do, ain't nuthin I can do
That could get us this grace salavation that we got man
It's only Christ
So if you feel like you gotta clean yourself up
Before you can come to Him
Forget it
Just come to Him
He'll take you as you are, and he'll change YOU
From the inside, out

I love when these little goose bump moments arrive.  Have you ever encountered these moments?

Hey, now, stop laughing - [I know you are still stuck on the mental image of me and my bobbling head, while I'm working]...seriously...this was a God moment for me today, through Rap.  :)


In reading a posting from our dear friend (mom of son in the hospital mentioned above), sharing she’s received countless statements from people wishing they had a church family like theirs…she replied YOU CAN – you can share hers if you don’t have one.  Reading this flashed across my heart - not everyone understands HE WILL TAKE YOU WHERE YOU ARE!  

So, I don’t want to miss an opportunity to share what can be easily taken for granted – 
You DO NOT have to have your sins in order to come to Christ.  
You DO NOT have to have your life (sins) in order to join the body of Christ.  
We are all the body…we are all here to support together!

If you are struggling with this, we'd LOVE to share and pray with you.  Reach out to us...
onestepinfaith@gmail.com

Okay - onto Ghana biz...



Well, I can't believe it - WE LEAVE IN 12 WEEKS!!!

We have a full itinerary ahead of us, but of course, we are ALWAYS ready for God to turn our ideas upside down!  We're ready for all you have for us Lord!!!

OUR plans are currently to spend time with Eddie/Regina and family, Baby GN and his caretakers (Charles & Juliana), Dora (Ama), Isaac, Mama Laadi, Baby GN's family, Baby Y/Brother A, Lil' S, Lil' B, Baby J, and many, many more.  As we get closer, I'll send our official itinerary plan.  Right now, details are still in flux.

If you would join us in praying for our trip preparation, funding, the families & individuals we will meet along the way - and for our families we will leave here at home.  And, please join us praying for God to use us as His tools.  We are not the author, He is.  We are not looking to be recognized or take credit.  We are looking to be the hands and feet – we are looking to be His servants to His people in Ghana. We are looking to fill the cups of those we encounter with His love!

Well - I better get back to the family.  

Oh...If you felt called to donate and haven’t gotten to it yet, there is still plenty of time! 
We still need to raise $3,600 before we depart.  This will cover our remaining expenses for visas, in-country transportation, and meals/water.  No donation is too small. Click the link to go to our website, where you can get more information on how to donate.  (Paypal, PopMoney, mail a check - we are super flexible - many options!  No donation turned away!!!)

One Step In Faith is an approved IRS 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law. We will send annual donation statements, providing receipt details of your gift.


Have a great evening and hugs to you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment